Identify the public law number, Statutes at Large citation, or the originating bill number (with Congress and date).
How to find a Public Law Number or Statutes at Large citation?
- Look in the History or Credits of a specific section of the United States Code
- United States Code Annotated (USCA), Popular Name Table
- Westlaw Database Name – USCA-POP
- United States Code Service (USCS), Table of Acts by Popular Name
- United States Code (open access, Office of the Law Revision Counsel)
- GovInfo (open access)
How to obtain a bill number
- The citation for the originating bill (and date of enactment) can be found in the margin of the first page of the law’s appearance in Statutes at Large.