Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
United States Code http://uscode.house.gov/
- Find state's official legislative body website
- National Conference of State Legislatures serves as a resource for those who draft legislation on the state level providing a searchable database that accesses publications and court decisions on a variety of legislative issues
- IN.gov (Indiana General Assembly)
- Code, session laws, bill tracking
Low Cost Commercial
In practice, you may not have access to Lexis, Westlaw, or Bloomberg Law services, so it is good to know about alternative services as well.
State Bar Associations Provide Free Legal Resources - information on four services that may be available from your state bar association
- Fastcase - the Law Library has a subscription for this if you'd like to get to know this product; its recent partnership with HeinOnline means that you'll be able to access Fastcase materials after graduation, through the Law Library's HeinOnline Alumni Access subscription.
- Casemaker - free account available for students and faculty
- Versus Law - try a demo of their site for free
- LoisLaw - try a free search
To see which state bars offer which services, check out this map from the 3 Geeks and Law Blog.