Regular Semester Hours
|M-W||7:30 am - 1 am|
|Th-F||7:30 am - midnight|
|Sat||8 am - 10 pm|
|Sun||9 am - midnight|
Head of Circulation & Patron Services
A valid Indiana University ID is required in order to check out materials. Indiana Residents may apply at the circulation desk for a borrower's card. Indiana residents will be asked to present a valid Indiana driver's license or Indiana state ID.
Checking out Materials
Most books from the general collections, class reserves, the latest editions of hornbooks and nutshells, and audiovisual materials may be checked out at the circulation desk. Indiana University faculty, staff & students may use My Account on IUCAT to see a list of items they have checked out. Law Library materials are subject to loan periods and overdue fines. Materials checked out from other IU Libraries by request delivery will be subject to loan periods and overdue fines of the lending library.
- Rare books
- Reference (including ALR, CFR, digests, federal and state codes, first floor general reference materials and legal encyclopedias
- Current Looseleaf Services
- National Reporter System
Circulation Desk Materials
- Class reserve books, folders, and audiovisual materials
- Latest edition of hornbooks and nutshells
- Latest edition of Indiana rules of court & bluebooks
- Portable microform readers
- Print archive of law exams
ALF (Auxiliary Library Facility)
Some materials are housed in closed access storage in the Ruth Lilly Auxiliary Library Facility. Indiana University faculty, staff, & students, persons affiliated with IU, and Indiana residents may request ALF items to be delivered to the law library. Request from IUCAT by clicking on the ALF link next to the listing in the catalog.
- ALF books requested before 12:00 pm (noon) arrive around 4 pm on the same business day (Monday - Saturday).
- ALF books requested after 12:00 pm (noon) arrive around 4 pm on the following business day (Monday - Saturday).
- Patrons will be emailed a pick-up notice once the item is delivered to the law library.
Indiana University faculty, staff, and students may request items to be delivered from other IU libraries. Items take 4-7 days to arrive.To use request delivery:-
- Login to IUCAT
- Search for your item in the catalog.
- Click the request delivery button on the right side of the screen.
- Select a library from the drop-down menu. Your materials will be delivered to this library.
- Click on the request delivery button. Non-circulating and short-loan materials usually cannot be requested.