About this Guide
Welcome to the Law Library Alumni Portal for graduates of Indiana University Maurer School of Law! This guide provides links to resources you might find helpful in your own research endeavors. In addition, this guide provides you exclusive access to HeinOnline.
If you have any questions about this guide or difficulty accessing any resources, please contact the Reference Office at (812) 855-2938.
What can the Law Library do for you?
Even after graduation, the Law Library strives to provide the best services we can to help you become successful researchers in your legal careers. Here's how we can help you:
Practicing away from Bloomington?
Provision of research materials:
- For faxes - $1.00 per page, $5.00 minimum
- For photocopies and scans - $0.25 per page + $5.00 handling fee + 1st class postage
- Books we can mail at no cost unless special mailing is requested
- The Reference Librarians are available to answer your research questions via email, over the phone, or in person.
- However, extensive research assistance is not provided.
- The Reference Office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:30-5 and 7-10, Friday, 8:30-5, Saturday and Sunday 1-5.
Coming into the Law Library?
- Full access to our print collection
- Access to all electronic resources, except those limited to individual accounts
- Circulation privileges
- Photocopiers and scanners
- In-person reference assistance
Exclusive Maurer Law Alumni Access: HeinOnline
Access Request Form
To request Alumni access to HeinOnline's Law Journal Library, please complete the registration form below. Once we have verified your status as an alum, you will receive a username and password. These usernames and passwords are temporary and will be renewed every 90 days. You will receive updated credentials from us as changes occur.
By completing this form, please note that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Indiana University Law Library's Alumni access to HeinOnline is only for the purpose of conducting your research and/or scholarship.
That you will NOT share the username and password.
That you will NOT post the username and password publicly.
Here are a few links to Law Library services you might find helpful:
More Alumni Access: JSTOR and Project MUSE
As an alum of the greater university, you can also access JSTOR and Project MUSE for access to an even broader array of academic journals. Follow the link below to create a MyIU account; this will allow you to log into MyIU, where you can access JSTOR and Project MUSE, as well as many other alumni benefits.